Genetics of adaptation: from single loci to polygenic traits
28-30 September 2020 at the Vetmeduni Vienna
Invited Speakers: Joachim Hermisson, Kelly Swarts
The 25th DZG (German Zoological Society) Graduate Meeting in Evolutionary Biology will be hosted by the Institute of Population Genetics at the Vetmeduni Vienna in September 2020. While the meeting’s main topic is “Genetics of adaptation: from single loci to polygenic traits“, all scholars of evolutionary biology are welcome to discuss their plans and results. The meeting is supported by the DZG.
Joachim Hermisson, University of Vienna
Kelly Swarts , GMI Vienna
Talks and Poster
We have over 20 slots available for 15 minutes talks (+ 5 minutes discussion) and an unlimited capacity for poster presentations.
If you would like to participate at the meeting, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than the 1.5.2020 with the following information:
– indicate if you prefer a talk or a poster
– in case of talk: your consent to record your talk and put it online (not mandatory, if you prefer your talk not to be recorded, please inform us)
– short abstract (<250 words) with title and all authors, indicate presenting author
– let us know if you want to participate at the first dinner (Heurigen) and/or the second dinner (choose either dinner at a restaurant or Vienna Night Walk with visit to Würstelstand)
Venue and Travel details
likely venue Hörsaal B (lecture hall B) – details may change and will be announced
You can have lunch in the canteen at the university (mensa). They also have vegetarian dishes and a salad bar. Typically you need to 5-6 Euros (without drinks).
There are also 2 restaurants very close to university that are open during lunch time:
- Tokyo house (one of our favorites) is only 5 minutes walk from university gate. It has South Asian food (mix of Japanese and Chinese food). Note that they are not open for lunch on Monday
- Fengshui is right across Tokyo house and specialized on Chinese food. Note that they are closed on Tuesdays.
There is a supermarket (Spar) right in front of the university.
Vienna is attractive to many tourists. We therefore recommend to book your accommodation early.
Some affordable hotels near the venue: